Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: email@example.com
WestLAND Group, Inc., an established land surveying, civil engineering and GIS/mapping firm, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Pipeline Engineer/Mapping Technician for our Ontario and Santa Clarita office. The qualified candidates will perform research, analysis & plotting of record boundary & right-of-way; utility research, analysis & plotting; processing survey data and preparing base maps, topographic maps, survey exhibits, and as-built plan & profile drawings for proposed pipelines using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation as needed to assist Pipeline Engineers with pipeline routing & construction detailing.
Typical Job Duties include:
- Research, analyze & plot record boundary information from Subdivision Maps, private survey maps, Public Lands Surveys, Right-of-Way Maps, etc;
- Research, analyze & plot easement documents, deeds and road dedications, etc;
- Research, analyze, & plot utilities from record as-built drawings and/or municipal GIS Databases;
- Download and process raw GPS survey data in the office via OPUS and/or TBC;
- Prepare survey pre-calcs, cut-sheets, alignments, and coordinate calcs in Excel, AutoCAD, and/or Google KMZ Formats and prepare packages for field survey crews;
- Compile topo mapping from adjusted survey data and prepare adjusted boundary mapping w/help from Professional Land Surveyor
- Create exhibits, plan & profiles, and cross sections of new & existing pipeline using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Familiar with survey procedures, practices, concepts and comfortable performing calculations;
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphics in AutoCAD Civil 3D with knowledge of Microstation a plus;
- Ability to perform calculations for pipeline stress and wall thickness determination of piping system
- Minimum of 2 years office or field experience a plus;
- Working knowledge of the typical Planning and Construction process and typical documents;
- Excellent technical and communication skills and familiar with pipeline terminology a plus
- Ability to work independently on several concurrent projects and available to commit to occasionally unforeseen & demanding delivery schedules;
- 2 year degree in the mapping/surveying sciences or LSIT/EIT certification a plus
WestLAND Group, Inc., a well established and respected firm and has provided civil engineering, land surveying/mapping, and planning services to Southern California for over 15 years. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k program, Life Insurance, PTO and a friendly office environment. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).