Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: email@example.com
WestLAND Group, Inc., an established land surveying, civil engineering and GIS/mapping firm, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Piping Designer/technician for our Ontario office. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the design of a pipeline project under the direction of a Project Manager. This position will be working on various projects for natural gas/oil/ pipeline, horizontal directional drilling, jack and bore design, regulator Station I MSA design, and related facilities.
Typical Job Duties include:
- Perform horizontal and pipeline station calculations and prepare drawings for pipeline plan /profile with details
- Understands basic 3d geometry and has the ability to as-built P&ID’s, piping plans, sections and details
- Prepare permit, bid, construction and as-built drawings (plan/profile)
- Prepare various piping drawings for regulator and meter station assemblies
- Ability to layout vessels, pumps, compressor, pipe racks, and pipe supports
- Understands and is able to layout underground piping systems, relief and vapor recovery systems.
- Prepare technical reports and correspondence.
- Interface with the client’s technical staff on projects
- Ability to prepare and review of bill of material list and review of vendor drawings to determine compliance with specifications
- Ability to perform reconciliation on construction documents, as-built survey drawings, and weld reports
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 2 year degree in design drafting, Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the design of pipeline projects plan/profile, Regulator Station/MSA and detailed piping drawings.
- Ability to perform calculations for pipeline stress and wall thickness determination of piping system
- Must be familiar with codes and standard
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports, specifications and correspondence.
- Must be able to identify problems and seek solutions from more experienced project managers
- Must be proficient with Civil 3D , knowledge of MicroStation a plus
WestLAND Group, Inc., a well established and respected firm and has provided civil engineering, land surveying/mapping, and planning services to Southern California for over 15 years. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k program, Life Insurance, PTO and a friendly office environment. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).