Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Westland Group, Inc. (WLG), an established civil engineering, land surveying, and GIS/mapping firm, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated civil engineer to serve as Project Engineer/Designer in our Ontario office.
The selected candidate will prepare preliminary and final construction documents and reports for commercial/industrial, residential, and other site development projects. Applicant must have the ability to prepare drawings and specifications including: street improvements, grading and drainage, traffic control, dry and wet utility, and storm water management plans, as well as perform hydrology and hydraulic analysis.
This position requires:
- BS in civil engineering; knowledge of and experience in land surveying a plus, with 4 years of increasing responsibility on site engineering projects.
- Knowledge of and experience with the development process and the ability to process construction documents successfully through various agencies.
- The ability to develop, and maintain long-term relationships with clients and partners.
- Experience in preparing proposals and implementation of budgets and schedules a plus.
- The ability to lead the design process and guide junior engineers and technicians.
- Strong working knowledge of Civil 3D
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with the project managers, the design team, other consultants, clients, and other project stakeholders.
Qualified candidate will possess a California EIT, (PE license a plus) with the ability to pass the P.E. exam within 12 months of hire date. Westland Group offers a competitive benefits package, including performance incentives, and opportunity for advancement within the company management structure. WLG is a growing company with great benefits, training and the opportunity to keep your skills on the cutting edge.
WestLAND Group, Inc., a well established and respected firm and has provided civil engineering, land surveying/mapping, and planning services to Southern California for over 15 years. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k program, Life Insurance, PTO and a friendly office environment. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).