Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Westland Group is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Surveyor for our offices in Ontario and Santa Clarita, California. The Project Surveyor is a Team leader in the survey group responsible for leading various tasks on land survey/engineering projects including: preparation of survey/land development drawings/base maps, plan and profiles, keeping track of project budget and schedule, providing survey field crews and other service groups with technical support as needed. This is a field and office position coordinating directly with the Project Managers, P.E. or P.L.S.
Typical Job Duties Include:
- Lead a field survey team conducting topographic surveys, street cross sections, running levels, running traverse, boundary, construction staking, and setting monuments.
- Will download and process field survey data in the office
- Analyze and develop centerline alignment and boundary review, analysis and adjustment
- Research land survey related data from local agencies for survey field notes, title reports, recorded maps, filed documents, and property descriptions.
- Drafting of exhibits, site plans, profiles, and cross sections of streets, utility’s, or other improvements from surveyor/engineer field book, sketches, or other specific sources.
- Prepare cut-sheets, alignment, and coordinate calcs from improvement plans for field crews
- Review construction plans and perform calculations for layout and grade staking. Should have ability to prepare brief and informative staking exhibits.
- Preparation of final maps, parcel maps, record of survey and ALTA maps; and preparation of legal descriptions, and associated plats
- Ensuring project goals/objectives/resources/costs are met within prescribed timeframe and funding parameter
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Experienced with standard survey/engineering procedures, practices, and concepts
- Must be competent in Civil3D software, knowledge of MicroStation a plus.
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic survey/engineering exhibits
- A combination of Field survey experience and office experience a plus.
- Good working knowledge of planning and construction documents.
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on several concurrent projects.
- Ability to read, understand and adapt to local agency standards and be able to communicate with agencies and clients directly and effectively when necessary.
- 2 year degree in the surveying/engineering sciences with LSIT/EIT
- Working knowledge of Trimble equipment and TBC, familiarity with Scanners a plus
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type / Industry: Surveying, Engineering and Design Mapping
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: At least 5 year(s)
Manages Others: No
Required Travel: Occasional
WestLAND Group, Inc., is a well-established, respected firm and has provided civil engineering, land surveying/mapping, and planning services to Southern California for over 15 years. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k program, Life Insurance, PTO and a friendly office environment. – We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
WestLAND offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on experience and capabilities, as well as opportunities for training and professional growth with potential for a long-term successful career.