Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WestLAND Group, Inc., an established land surveying, civil engineering and GIS/mapping firm, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced survey-mapping technician for our Ontario and Santa Clarita office. We provide a full service approach to our clients, working on a variety of project types in both the public and private sectors throughout California. This is both a field and office position.
Typical Job Duties Include:
- Participate on a field survey team conducting topographic surveys, street cross sections, running levels, running traverse, boundary, construction staking, and setting monuments, as necessary.
- Will Download and process field survey data in the office
- Analyze and develop centerline alignments or prepare boundary/base mapping.
- Research for land survey related data from local agencies for survey field notes, title reports, recorded maps, filed documents, and property descriptions.
- Draft exhibits, plans, profiles, and cross sections of streets or other improvements from surveyor’s field book, sketches, or other specific sources.
- Preparing cut-sheets, alignment, and coordinate calculations from improvement plans for field survey construction.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Familiar with survey procedures, practices, and concepts
- Must be familiar in Civil3D software, knowledge of MicroStation a plus.
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic representations of survey mapping
- Minimum of 3 years Field survey experience office experience a plus.
- Good working knowledge of planning and construction documents.
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on several concurrent projects.
- Ability to read, understand and adapt to local agency standards and be able to communicate with agencies and clients directly and effectively when necessary.
- Certificate or 2 year degree in the mapping/surveying sciences or LSIT
WestLAND Group, Inc., a well established and respected firm and has provided civil engineering, land surveying/mapping, and planning services to Southern California for over 15 years. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k program, Life Insurance, PTO and a friendly office environment. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).