Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016, 2017, 2018 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
The Position: The Accounting Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Finance Department. The position will help with basis accounts receivable and payable functions. The Accounting Assistant must comply with all established policies and procedures.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain up-to-date client data base, filing system and accounting records,
- Generate and send out invoices according to specific deadlines,
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally, including covering the reception desk,
- Appropriately prepare and schedule invoicing in order to meet contractual requirements,
- Ensure that receipts for project expenses and reimbursements are complete and accurate,
- Provide financial reporting as schedule or requested,
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures,
- Communicate and collaborate with Project Managers regarding projects.
- Associates degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Business,
- 2+ years of administrative support experience with increasing responsibility,
- Experience in Architectural, Engineering, or Construction Industry preferred,
- Ability and willingness to adapt and learn new processes and programs,
- Excellent technical, organizational, and communication skills,
- Ability to prioritize concurrent projects and deadlines,
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and software, analytical with problem solving skills,
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.