Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full-service Civil Engineering, Geospatial, and Land Planning Firm providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development, utility engineering, surveying and mapping, land planning, and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Paid Time Off (15-days)
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.) or Hybrid Work Schedule (Teleworking, Telecommuting)
The Position: The CAD Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining WLG’s CAD Manual including but not limited to drafting standards, drawing and layer templates, styles, and internal folder structures. Be a subject matter expert on computer aided design software installation and configuration. As well as work with internal Project Managers to ensure that all work is completed according to plans, specifications, and standards.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage along with IT Manager the procurement of all CAD Software and hardware,
- Develop WLG’s CAD Manual by establishing standards and best practices for productivity, including customizing templates, styles, blocks, and tools which are crucial to productivity,
- Identify and implement the right training and support for the CAD specific software like Plant 3D and Civil 3D,
- Responsible for ensuring the drafting standards, folder structures, and all updates are performed as required by End-Client. In-turn, be responsible for making sure the design/drafting team is updated or trained how to use,
- Provide proper support while enforcing drafting standards,
- Communicate with Senior Leadership Team, Project Managers and other staff members to create and revise drawings in accordance with project specifications,
- Develop CAD documentation, training materials, and coordinate training.
- 5+ years’ experience using AutoCAD Plant 3D and Civil 3D,
- 3+ years’ experience performing software administration,
- Autodesk CAD Manager Certification preferred,
- Shown the ability to train junior staff members in the use of AutoCAD and drafting design,
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphics in AutoCAD Civil 3D & AutoCAD Plant 3D,
- Prior experience with AVEVA E3D, P&ID is highly preferred,
- Excellent technical and communication skills,
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects,
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to aim for excellent delivery execution and continuous improvement
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.