Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: email@example.com
Because Better Matters!
Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016 & 2017 & 2018 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms.
The Position: We are currently seeking a Accounts Receivable Coordinator for our Ontario, California office.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. The Accounts Receivable Coordinator must comply with all established policies and procedures.
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator reports to the Financial Manager and is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring invoices and expenditures and preparing and monitoring the payroll process. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that financial reports are accurate and up to date, that staff is paid in a timely and appropriate manner and that client invoices are paid within established time limits.
Project Support and Documentation
- Review contracts/proposals for billing/payment conditions
- Appropriately schedule invoicing in order to meets contractual requirements
- Ensure that receipts for project expenses and reimbursements are complete and accurate
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Maintain a filing system for all project financial documents
- Maintain client data base with client specific billing requirements
- Communicate with Project Managers regarding projects
- Maintain up-to-date client accounting records
- Generate and send out invoices according to specific deadlines
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Investigate and resolve customer queries
- Process approved adjustments
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally
- Review and verify source documents
- Verify pay amounts, hours of work, deductions, etc.
- Verify software generated payroll voucher for processing by established deadlines
- Ensure wage compliance with federal, state and prevailing wage regulations and guidelines
- Report labor utilization to governmental and union entities according to specific deadlines
- Provide Receptionist/Administrative Support services in their absence
- Train and cross-train personnel on position appropriate processes
- Perform other duties as required
- AA degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Business, preferred
- 2+ years of administrative support experience with increasing responsibility required
- Experience in Architectural, Engineering, or Construction Industry preferred
- Experience with land development billing and prevailing wage preferred
- Must be computer savvy and proficient in MS Office Suite and accounting software
- Ability and willingness to adapt and learn new processes and programs
- Ability to communicate and share information, participate in workgroups and project teams and complete assigned tasks and projects successfully and in a timely manner
- Understanding of basic accounting principles, Analytical with problem solving skills
- Reliability, Initiative, Ability to multi-task with sound work ethics
- Desktop publishing/graphic design and Power Point experience a plus
- Working knowledge of current technology trends affecting functional areas to increase innovations, efficiency and effectiveness
- Professional personal presentation
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- 401k Plan
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-Day Fridays)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.