Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016, 2017, 2018 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
The Position: The Director of Finance is responsible for all aspects of financial functions, including development and enhancement of appropriate systems for financial planning, control, and accounting. This position must also forecast, maintain and review internal policies and procedures as well as be in charge of the monthly/quarterly/annual financial close process. This position will report to the President and will play a key role in company leadership, as well as with strategic and tactical planning.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Develop, analyze, and report on statistical and accounting functions for different departments within the company,
- Analysis and forecast of balance sheet, P & L reports, income statement, cash flow, and other financial information,
- Provide financial reporting of business performance, in a clear and concise format, monthly to the Principles of the Company,
- Conduct performance reviews, provide continual feedback and supervise the daily operations of the Accounting Department, including processing cash receipts, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, financial reports and payroll,
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations through awareness and implementation of new laws,
- Handle highly confidential information with tremendous care and integrity,
- Communicate and collaborate with Project Managers and Senior Management regarding a variety of differing projects to ensure that if any issues arise regarding accounting matters, they are resolved quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, Master’s degree in accounting or MBA preferred,
- 10+ years’ experience of financial accounting, experience with land development billing, prevailing wage, certified payroll or nonprofit organization highly preferred,
- Experience billing and collaborating with/for utility companies, public works, and Textura software highly preferred,
- Experience in Architectural, Engineering, or Construction Industry preferred,
- Proven ability to supervise an entire accounting department while managing deadlines,
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP),
- Ability and willingness to adapt and learn new processes and programs,
- Ability to prioritize concurrent projects and deadlines,
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders,
- Excellent technical, organizational, and communication skills,
- Excellent analytical, financial, and mathematical skills with attention to detail.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.