Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: email@example.com
Because Better Matters!
Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016 & 2017 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms.
The Position: We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Pipeline Engineer / Mapping Technician for our Ontario and Santa Clarita offices. The qualified candidate will perform research, analysis and plotting of record boundary and right-of-way; utility research, analysis and plotting; processing survey data and preparing base maps, topographic maps, survey exhibits, and as-built plan and profile drawings for proposed pipelines using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation as needed to assist Pipeline Engineers with pipeline routing and construction detailing.
- Research, analyze and plot record boundary information from Subdivision Maps, private survey maps, Public Lands Surveys, Right-of-Way Maps, etc.
- Research, analyze and plot easement documents, deeds and road dedications, etc.
- Research, analyze and plot utilities from record as-built drawings and/or municipal GIS Databases
- Download and process raw GPS survey data in the office via OPUS and/or TBC
- Prepare survey pre-calcs, cut-sheets, alignments, and coordinate calcs in Excel, AutoCAD, and/or Google KMZ Formats and prepare packages for field survey crews
- Compile topo mapping from adjusted survey data and prepare adjusted boundary mapping with help from Professional Land Surveyor
- Create exhibits, plan and profiles, and cross sections of new and existing pipeline using AutoCAD Cvil 3D
- Familiar with survey procedures, practices, concepts, and comfortable performing calculations
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphics in AutoCAD Civil 3D with knowledge of MicroStation a plus
- Ability to perform calculations for pipeline stress and wall thickness determination of piping system
- Minimum of 2 years Field survey experience or office experience
- Working knowledge of typical planning and construction process and documents
- Excellent technical and communication skills and familiar with pipeline terminology a plus
- Ability to work independently on several concurrent projects and available to commit to occasionally unforeseen and demanding delivery schedules
- 2-year degree in the mapping/surveying sciences or LSIT/EIT certification a plus
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- 401k Plan
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-Day Fridays)