Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Because Better Matters!
Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016 & 2017 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms.
The Position: We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Piping Designer / Technician for our Ontario office. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the design and as-built of a pipeline project under the direction of a Project Manager. This position will be working on various projects for natural gas/oil/ pipeline, horizontal directional drilling, jack and bore design, regulator Station I MSA design, and related facilities.
- Perform horizontal and pipeline station calculations and prepare drawings for pipeline plan/profile with details
- Understands basic 3D geometry and has the ability to as-built P&ID’s, piping plans, sections and details
- Prepare permit, bid, construction and as-built drawings (plan/profile)
- Prepare various piping drawings for regulator and meter station assemblies
- Ability to lay out vessels, pumps, compressor, pipe racks, and pipe supports
- Understands and is able to lay out underground piping systems, relief and vapor recovery systems.
- Interface with the client’s technical staff on projects
- Ability to prepare and review of bill of material list and review of vendor drawings to determine compliance with specifications
- Ability to perform reconciliation on construction documents, as-built survey notes, and weld reports.
- 2-year degree in design drafting, Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the design of pipeline projects plan/profile, Regulator Station/MSA and detailed piping drawings
- Ability to perform calculations for pipeline stress and wall thickness determination of piping system
- Must be familiar with codes and standards
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports, specifications and correspondence
- Must be able to identify problems and seek solutions from more experienced project managers
- Must be proficient with Civil 3D, knowledge of MicroStation a plus
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- 401k Plan
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-Day Fridays)