Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Because Better Matters!
Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016 & 2017 & 2018 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms.
The Position: We are currently seeking a Regional Survey Manager for our Bakersfield, California office.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Regional Survey Manager provides daily supervision, coordination, technical support, and training to the survey teams and office staff. Responsible for project coordination and business development in WestLAND’s regional service areas. Will assist in supervising, managing and directing survey staff, and with department operations, project management, scheduling, and budgeting oversight. The Regional Survey Manager will also be directly involved in developing and maintaining excellent client relations and strategic business development. The Regional Survey Manager and Geomatics Vice-President are key members of WestLAND’s Leadership Team. The Geomatics Vice-President is responsible for overall survey operations, achieving business goals and performance metrics, and the development of WestLAND’s Land Survey Department which includes survey groups in regional offices. The Regional Survey Manager will have strong management and business development skills, business acumen, the ability to travel as needed, and be actively involved in WestLAND’s tactical and strategic business planning.
- Performs scheduling, supervision, and training for crews/survey personnel in the use of AutoCAD/Land Desktop and TBC.
- Provides training and development of procedural standards for Trimble Static GPS and RTK field and office processing procedures.
- Coordinates survey service requests directly with industry and public agency clients, and general and subcontractors on construction projects.
- Supervises and performs a wide range of calculations for construction staking/layout and QA/QC of calculations and work product. This includes performing layout calcs, preparing information packages for field crews, and reviewing stakeout information and cut sheets.
- Reviews Builders Exchange and regional agency web sites for postings of upcoming projects and reviews for Go/NoGo.
- Prepares SOQ’s, cost estimates and writes proposals. Is actively involved in business development and expanding service opportunities in the Region area.
- Supervises and performs property, boundary, and title research and calculations. Creates exhibit drawings, Records of Survey/T.M./Parcel, and Tract maps, as necessary.
- Actively participates in the ongoing development of the Geospatial Department’s capabilities, operational policies, and the organization’s structure and growth.
- 15 + years’ experience in Land Surveying/Geomatics. A BS in Geospatial Engineering a plus.
- California PLS required.
- 10 years demonstrated experience supervising and successfully managing projects within the constraints of time, cost, and performance requirements, providing technical oversight for projects and all related project phases and tasks, to include quality assurance reviews.
- Experience in researching and performing property boundary and right of way research and analysis involving pueblo/rancho and public lands, performing and supervising GPS (Static, Rapid Static and RTK) field operations, construction staking, topographic surveys and Record Mapping for Record of Survey, Parcel and Tract Maps.
- Experience working with land developers (commercial and residential) public agencies, and utilities. Experience in building interdepartmental relationships and coordinating with other workgroups and technical services (includes civil, mechanical, structural, I.E., and planning).
- Demonstrated skill, knowledge, and proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, TBC, LGO (Leica Geodetic Office), OPUS; StarNet, FARO Scene, ArcGIS and related surveying software applications.
- Experience in networking, establishing, developing, and managing successful business relationships that result in new and ongoing project work for the Geospatial Business Sector.
- Proven ability to lead teams to success, including past experience directly reviewing and managing employee performance, and mentoring a team of direct reports. Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- 401k Plan
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-Day Fridays)
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume to: HRSC@westlandgroup.net
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.