Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Because Better Matters!
Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016 & 2017 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms.
The Position: We are currently seeking a Survey / Mapping Technician for our Ontario and Santa Clarita offices. This is both a field and office position.
- Participate on a field survey team conducting topographic surveys, street cross sections, running levels, running traverse, boundary, construction staking, and setting monuments, as necessary
- Will Download and process field survey data in the office
- Analyze and develop centerline alignments or prepare boundary/base mapping
- Research for land survey related data from local agencies for survey field notes, title reports, recorded maps, filed documents, and property descriptions.
- Draft exhibits, plans, profiles, and cross sections of streets or other improvements from surveyor’s field book, sketches, or other specific sources
- Preparing cut-sheets, alignment, and coordinate calculations from improvement plans for field survey construction
- Familiar with survey procedures, practices, and concepts
- Must be familiar in Civil3D software, knowledge of MicroStation a plus
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic representations of survey mapping
- Minimum of 3 years Field survey experience; office experience a plus
- Good working knowledge of planning and construction documents
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently on several concurrent projects
- Ability to read, understand and adapt to local agency standards and be able to communicate with agencies and clients directly and effectively when necessary
- 2-year degree in the mapping/surveying sciences or LSIT certification
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- 401k Plan
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-Day Fridays)