Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: email@example.com
Because Better Matters!
Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016 & 2017 & 2018 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms.
The Position: We are currently seeking a Survey Operations Manager for our Ontario, California office.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Survey Operations Manager provides daily oversite, supervision, coordination, and training to survey teams and office staff. The Survey Operations Manager will report to the Vice-President of Geomatics and is also responsible for project coordination with the PM’s and business development in the area.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Survey Operations Manager are managing, motivating, scheduling, technical support, training, and directing field and office survey teams. This individual will also serve as a technical lead to ensure that surveying projects, programs objectives, and other assignments are accurately completed. The Survey Operations Manager will also be directly involved in developing and maintaining excellent client relations and supporting the Vice-President of Geomatics with the strategic business development
- Manage various surveying activities of significant magnitude in terms of complexity, cost, time constraints, internal and external staffing and equipment.
- Performs scheduling, supervision, coordination, and direction of survey teams and office staff.
- Provide direction to survey teams, including assignment of individual responsibilities, tasks, and technical guidance.
- Identify needs and allocate appropriate resources to complete specific project tasks on time.
- Continually monitor individual progress to ensure specific deadlines and technical proficiency are met.
- Provides technical training for field survey teams and office survey personnel in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D, Trimble instruments, and office TBC.
- Provides development of procedural standards for field and office procedures.
- Coordinates field survey requests directly with clients, sub-contractors, and superintendents.
- Supervises and performs a wide range of calculations for construction staking/layout and QA/QC of calculations and work product. This includes preparing information packages for field survey teams, reviewing stake-out information and cut sheets.
- Reviews bid invites, develops cost estimates/budgets and prepares proposals.
- Supervises and or performs property, boundary, and title research.
- Creates exhibit drawings, records of survey/T.M./parcel, and tract maps, as needed.
- Lead group team sessions weekly to meet the specific safety and technical requirements of our clients.
- Maintain expertise through continuing education and professional sponsored events.
- Is actively involved in business development opportunities and expanding service opportunities in the Geomatics sector.
- Licensed as a Professional Land Surveyor in California.
- 10 years of experience in Land Surveying, 5 in a lead capacity in construction surveying
- A.S. or B.S. Degree in Surveying/Geomatics a plus
- Experience with Trimble Survey instruments and software operation and ability to demonstrate to crews the latest in survey technology.
- Working knowledge of survey instruments; Total Stations, GPS, Data Collectors, Scanners, and associated software; AutoCAD Civil 3D, TBC, Microsoft Office, and MicroStation a plus
- Experience to complete field work for Records of Surveys, Tract Maps, Parcel Maps, Corner Records, Centerline Ties, ALTA Surveys, and all agency required certification letters.
- Ability to effectively interact with other managers within the organization.
- An emphasis on knowledge of construction staking and past coordination with Construction Superintendents.
- Independent problem-solving skills; effective leadership qualities, strong communication and organization skills.
- Experience in networking, establishing, developing, and managing successful business relationships that result in new and ongoing project work for the Geomatics Department.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams to success, including past experience directly reviewing and managing employee performance, and mentoring a team of 10 or more direct reports.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- 401k Plan
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-Day Fridays)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.