WestLAND Group, Inc.
Who We Are: Voted one of the “Best Firms to Work For,” for five years in a row, WestLAND Group is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
The Position: The IT Intern will be exposed to a wide variety of projects, with varies different groups troubleshooting and assisting software/hardware from Windows computer issues to Microsoft Office products to AutoCAD/Engineering software and general software troubleshooting assistance. Will also participate in helping ongoing programming projects for internal and client use.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Setting up new computers, networks, and software for new employees
- Providing technical support for computer hardware and software issues
- Supporting the maintenance of existing computer systems, including troubleshooting problems with hardware and software
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure that all technology is working properly for the company
- Installing operating systems and other computer software applications on new and existing computers
- Developing applications (coding, programming)
- Debugging and testing code
- Documenting and testing new software applications
- In progress of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related area
- Minimum of 3 days availability within the week
- AutoCAD Knowledge is a plus
- Ability to interact with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving abilities
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org