WestLAND Group, Inc.
Senior Project Surveyor
Who We Are: Voted one of the “Best Firms to Work For,” for five years in a row, WestLAND Group is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
The Position: A Senior Project Surveyor is responsible for various tasks on land surveying and engineering projects including preparation of drawings and base maps, and plan and profiles. As well as keeping track of project budget and schedule. Broad land survey experience and familiarity with gas utility industry is highly desirable.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Serve as the project technical expert and assist staff with resolution of technical problems,
- Act as supervisor to both field technicians and drafting technicians,
- Responsibility to ensure all aspects of a project are completed in a satisfactory manner, including but not limited to, field crew setup, survey processing, processing of topographic field data, obtaining permits, and scheduling tasks,
- Assist with fieldwork, drafting, data analysis, document preparation, legal descriptions and other aspects of land surveying,
- Assist in preparation of proposals, estimates for projects, and maintaining client relationships
- Assist with surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties based on field data, record documents, and titles,
- Train survey staff in the use of equipment and proper field techniques,
- Bachelor’s degree in Geospatial Science or a related field preferred,
- Licensed as a Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) in California,
- 7+ years’ design experience with computer aided drafting software’s AutoCAD and/or MicroStation,
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphics in AutoCAD Civil 3D, with little to no supervision,
- Prior experience with managing a staff as well as familiarity with a projects scope and budget,
- Excellent technical and communication skills,
- Ability to work on and prioritize concurrent projects and deadlines,
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org