Civil Engineering Designer
Who We Are: A Best Firm to Work For, Hot Firm, and CA Top Design Firm for multiple years, WLG is a civil engineering, geospatial, land planning, and utility locating company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility locating/engineering; surveying/mapping; and land planning. WLG is dedicated to finding quality candidates and offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package, which includes the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- A Salary Package that Includes an Excellent Incentive Compensation Program
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options
- 401k Plan with a Generous Company Match and Fully Vested
- 401Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (Hybrid Remote; 9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
- Professional Development Assistance
The Position: A Civil Engineering Designer is responsible for aiding in the development of engineering designs, sketches and maps for a variety of projects with the help of other engineers and designers. This includes collaborating with internal staff to help give the best possible deliverables to the client.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Assist in the development of drawings and design layouts for a variety of commercial, industrial, and residential projects to help ensure the projects specifications are upheld,
- Assist with project specific disciplines, including researching building codes and regulations for different municipalities,
- Use standard drafting principles to complete drawings in AutoCAD Civil 3D,
- Handles complex designing for street, sewer, water, and drainage improvements and drafting assignments under minimal supervision,
- Coordinate with the engineering team to ensure deadlines and budgets are meant and the intent of the design are sustained throughout the project,
- Complete any project specific disciplines that arise during a project.
- Associates degree in Engineering Design, Civil Technology or a related field preferred,
- 7+ years’ experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D for engineering design,
- 4+ years’ experience with water, sewer, and/or storm drain designs
- Hydrology, grading and street design, knowledge and experience preferred,
- Ability to read and understand plans, drawings, standards and specifications,
- Ability to analyze and input data on multiple projects,
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects,
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.