Who We Are: A Best Firm to Work For, Hot Firm, and CA Top Design Firm for multiple years, WLG is a civil engineering, geospatial, land planning, and utility locating company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility locating/engineering; surveying/mapping; and land planning. WLG is dedicated to finding quality candidates and offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package, which includes the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- A Salary Package that Includes an Excellent Incentive Compensation Program
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options
- 401k Plan with a Generous Company Match and Fully Vested
- 401Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (Hybrid Remote; 9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
- Professional Development Assistance
The Electrical Engineer will ensure accurate, complete, and timely communication of information to and from clients and staff. Will be responsible for completing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment including preparation of plans, reports, and design of sketches. Tasked with insuring the preparation of accurate and complete work products.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Assisting the Project Manager with the overall plan production of a project, including design of electric power transmission, substation, and distribution systems
- Providing technical oversight to staff engineers, ensuring that project schedules and budgets are met,
- Performing complex design calculations, preparing sketches and technical studies as required
- Coordinating project assignments with internal and external project team members including public agencies,
- Attending Project and Site Meetings with clients, architects, public agencies, and other consultants as needed,
- Reviewing drawings supplied by vendors, clients, engineers and architects, recommending necessary changes and coordinating with internal documents,
- Prepare, examine, and read schematic, diagrams, and layouts of substations.
- Participate in the research of technological advancements in the electric power industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field,
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE), in the state of California,
- 5+ years’ experience with High Voltage design with computer aided drafting software,
- Solid understanding of the National Electrical Code and other energy codes and standards,
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and MicroStation, a working knowledge of PLS-CADD and survey instruments preferred,
- Solid knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology,
- Excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to multitask and work on several projects concurrently.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.