Land Development Staff Engineer
Who We Are: Voted one of the “Best Firms to Work For,” for five years in a row, WestLAND Group is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
The Position: A Staff Engineer will perform entry-level and routine aspects of engineering assignments. As well as support Project Engineers and Project Managers in multiple engineering tasks.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Prepare plans, specifications, and reports as directed by Project Engineer/Manager
- Research code issues and works with different city, county and state agencies,
- Assist with other duties assigned by Project Engineers and/or Project Managers, which may include utility research, material take-off, plan productions, etc.,
- Perform civil design calculations, sketches and technical studies as required,
- Coordinate project assignments and deadlines with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil engineering or a related field,
- EIT Certification preferred but not required,
- 1+ years civil engineering design experience, specializing in Land Development preferred,
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphics in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent technical and communication skills,
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects,
- Ability to commit to occasional unforeseen and demanding deliverable schedules.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.