Who We Are: A Best Firm to Work For, Hot Firm, and CA Top Design Firm for multiple years, WLG is a civil engineering, geospatial, land planning, and utility locating company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility locating/engineering; surveying/mapping; and land planning. WLG is dedicated to finding quality candidates and offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package, which includes the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- A Salary Package that Includes an Excellent Incentive Compensation Program
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options
- 401k Plan with a Generous Company Match and Fully Vested
- 401Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (Hybrid Remote; 9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
- Professional Development Assistance
The Position: A Mapping Technician/Document Preparation is responsible for retrieving, processing and analyzing data. This includes creating reports from scratch, design a variety of maps and exhibits, and sharing your findings with Project Managers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without ne.
- Process and adjust data into usable findings and import into AutoCAD Civil 3D,
- Communicate with project managers and other staff to create and revise drawings in accordance with project specifications,
- Construct and maintain project files in accordance with Company policies and applicable project instructions,
- Configure and customize map features and settings using AutoCAD Civil 3D,
- Collect and validate data in Excel and be able to quickly retrieve the data as requested,
- Under direct supervision, perform data mapping, validation, analysis, research and reporting utilizing GIS maps and databases,
- Ability to navigate county websites to obtain record maps, field notes and monument records, for permit processing.
- Some college experience or Certification in drafting design preferred,
- 1+ years’ experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D,
- General understanding of survey standards and past exposure to survey and use of survey points a plus,
- Ability to read and understand plans, drawings, standards and specifications preferred,
- Ability to analyze and input data on multiple projects,
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects,
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.