Mechanical Engineer – Pipeline
Who We Are: Voted one of the “Best Firms to Work For,” for five years in a row, WestLAND Group is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
The Position: The Project Engineer will be responsible for the design of pipeline transportation systems for the WestLAND Group pipeline group. The position will work with our clients to ensure quality deliverables to ensure customer satisfaction.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Assisting the Project Manager with the plan and production of a project, including individual designs.
- Researching design options, documenting findings, and coordinating with internal design team.
- Performing complex mechanical design calculations, preparing sketches and technical studies as required.
- Engineer designs to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Support project technical scope development.
- Performs design based on Company and industry requirements and documents design criteria.
- Review design drawings for constructability, design, and accuracy at 30%, 60%, 90% and 95% design levels.
- Attend Technical Design Reviews when requested by the Project Manager.
- Completes technical studies.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- California Professional Engineer License required.
- 4+ years civil engineering design experience, specializing in Pipeline Engineering.
- Prior experience with AutoCAD, AVEVA E3D, Civil 3D and/or Plant3d is a plus.
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects.
- Ability to commit to occasional unforeseen and demanding deliverable schedules.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.