Who We Are: A Best Firm to Work For, Hot Firm, and CA Top Design Firm for multiple years, WLG is a civil engineering, geospatial, land planning, and utility locating company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility locating/engineering; surveying/mapping; and land planning. WLG is dedicated to finding quality candidates and offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package, which includes the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- A Salary Package that Includes an Excellent Incentive Compensation Program
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options
- 401k Plan with a Generous Company Match and Fully Vested
- 401Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (Hybrid Remote; 9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
- Professional Development Assistance
The Position: A Project Surveyor is responsible for various tasks on land surveying and engineering projects including preparation of drawings and base maps, and plan and profiles. As well as keeping track of project budget and schedule.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Serve as the project technical expert and assist staff with resolution of technical problems,
- Act as supervisor to both field technicians and drafting technicians,
- Responsibility to ensure all aspects of a project are completed in a satisfactory manner, including but not limited to field crew setup, survey processing, processing of topographic field data, obtaining permits, and scheduling tasks,
- Assist with fieldwork, drafting, data analysis, document preparation, legal descriptions and other aspects of land surveying,
- Assist in preparation of proposals, estimates for projects, and maintaining client relationships
- Assist with surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties based on field data, record documents, and titles,
- Train survey staff in the use of equipment and proper field techniques.
- Bachelor degree in Geospatial Science or a related field preferred,
- Licensed as a Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) preferred,
- 5+ years in relevant mapping experience, land surveying experience a plus,
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphics in AutoCAD Civil 3D, with little to no supervision,
- Experience communicating with local agencies and possess the ability to read and understand local agencies standards,
- Experience with managing a staff as well as familiarity with a projects scope and budget,
- Excellent technical and communication skills,
- Ability to work on and prioritize concurrent projects and deadlines,
- Ability to commit to occasional unforeseen and demanding deliverable schedules.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.