Senior Pipeline Designer
Who We Are: Voted one of the “Best Firms to Work For,” for five years in a row, WestLAND Group is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
The Position: A Senior Pipeline Designer is responsible for checking projects and deadlines and have familiarity with standards, materials, and other piping knowledge. This position will be working on various projects for natural gas/oil/ pipeline, horizontal directional drilling, regulator Station MSA design, and related facilities. As well as knowledge with Gas standards and procedures with federal and local regulations, and other gas codes, policies and standards.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Review all designs and completion drawings for errors and omissions as well as to ensure that company standards and customer requirements are meant.
- Continuously design new projects and make improvements to existing projects.
- QA/QC all drawings for CADD standards and format.
- Work with fellow designers to develop designs for projects.
- Assist Project Managers with proposals and deliverables to ensure standards are meant.
- Familiarity with surveying principles and able to write survey requests,
- Assign personnel to specific aspects of a given project including technical studies, project design, preparation of technical plans and product testing.
- Deliver complete and accurate design packages in a timely manner.
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, preferred
- Licensed as an Engineer in Training (EIT), preferred,
- 10+ years’ experience in the design of pipeline projects, plan/profile, and detailed piping drawings,
- Prior experience with 3D Modeling in Aveva or Plant 3D,
- Familiarity with gas design standards is preferred,
- Must be familiar with codes, standards and materials,
- Excellent technical and communication skills, including MicroStation and Auto CAD,
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently,Must be able to identify problems and seek solutions independently.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.