Who We Are: A Best Firm to Work For, Hot Firm, and CA Top Design Firm for multiple years, WLG is a civil engineering, geospatial, land planning, and utility locating company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility locating/engineering; surveying/mapping; and land planning. WLG is dedicated to finding quality candidates and offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package, which includes the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- A Salary Package that Includes an Excellent Incentive Compensation Program
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options
- 401k Plan with a Generous Company Match and Fully Vested
- 401Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (Hybrid Remote; 9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
- Professional Development Assistance
The Position: The Survey Analyst is responsible for tasks on land surveying and engineering projects, including preparation of drawings and base maps, and plan and profiles. This person must demonstrate the ability to efficiently create maps from raw field survey data.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ensures project goals/objectives are met within prescribed timeframe and funding parameters.
- Ability to process raw field survey data using field to finish software prepare 3D surface model and create topographic maps and planimetric maps.
- Review of construction plans and perform calculations for layout and grade staking and prepare brief and informative staking exhibits.
- Preparation of monitoring exhibits for settlement and deformation.
- Preparation of digital terrain models using combinations of data sources including aerial mapping, conventional surveys and LiDAR 3D data sets.
- Preparation of earth quantity calculations and exhibits.
- Perform mission planning and post processing for GPS surveys.
- Coordinate aerial photogrammetric flights, control schemes and coordination for aerial mapping projects.
- Assist in developing and writing project scope of work and associated fee estimate.
- Preparation of final maps, parcel maps, record of survey and ALTA maps; and preparation of legal descriptions, associated plats, and boundary analysis.
- Licensed as a Land Survey in Training (LSIT) preferred,
- 4+ years using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Bentley MicroStation software,
- 4+ years of office surveying geomatics experience creating topographic maps, ALTA maps, planimetric maps, legal descriptions, etc. with increased levels of responsibility,
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, and maps in AutoCAD Civil 3D,
- Excellent technical, and communication skills,
- Ability to work on and prioritize concurrent projects and deadlines,
- Ability to commit to occasional unforeseen and demanding deliverable schedules.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.