Who We Are: Voted one of the “Best Firms to Work For,” for five years in a row, WestLAND Group is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
The Position: The Traffic Engineer will ensure accurate, complete and timely communication of information to and from clients and staff. Will be responsible for completing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment including preparation of plans, reports, and design of sketches. Tasked with insuring the preparation of accurate and complete work products.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Study traffic patterns and seek ways to improve traffic control,
- Perform traffic data analysis and safety studies,
- Design plans for traffic signals, roadway lighting, permanent signing, pavement markings, and traffic control plans,
- Technical writing and assisting with preparation of report documents,
- Manage project objectives by collaborating with client and personnel, developing project proposals,
- Organize the project team by assembling, communicating with, and directing team members, assigning responsibilities and negotiating and contracting with approved subconsultants.
- Associates degree in Engineering Design, Civil Technology or a related field preferred,
- 10+ years’ experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D for engineering design,
- 7+ years’ experience with water, sewer, and/or storm drain designs
- Hydrology, grading and street design, knowledge and experience preferred,
- Ability to read and understand plans, drawings, standards and specifications,
- Ability to analyze and input data on multiple projects,
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects,
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.