Who We Are: A Best Firm to Work For, Hot Firm, and CA Top Design Firm for multiple years, WLG is a civil engineering, geospatial, land planning, and utility locating company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility locating/engineering; surveying/mapping; and land planning. WLG is dedicated to finding quality candidates and offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package, which includes the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- A Salary Package that Includes an Excellent Incentive Compensation Program
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options
- 401k Plan with a Generous Company Match and Fully Vested
- 401Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (Hybrid Remote; 9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
- Professional Development Assistance
The Position: The Traffic Engineer will ensure accurate, complete and timely communication of information to and from clients and staff. Will be responsible for completing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment including preparation of plans, reports, and design of sketches. Tasked with insuring the preparation of accurate and complete work products.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Study traffic patterns and seek ways to improve traffic control,
- Perform traffic data analysis and safety studies,
- Design plans for traffic signals, roadway lighting, permanent signing, pavement markings, and traffic control plans,
- Technical writing and assisting with preparation of report documents,
- Manage project objectives by collaborating with client and personnel, developing project proposals,
- Organize the project team by assembling, communicating with, and directing team members, assigning responsibilities and negotiating and contracting with approved subconsultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field,
- 5+ years in transportation design experience,
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) or Traffic Engineer (TE) in the state of California preferred,
- DSDD package preparation and submittal experience preferred,
- Prior experience with interpreting Caltrans Traffic Collision data,
- Prior experience with Caltrans permitting and submittal procedures required,
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D, InRoads, MicroStation CONNECT, or other traffic engineering design software’s,
- Excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to multitask and work on several projects concurrently.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.