Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full-service Civil Engineering, Geospatial, and Land Planning Firm providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development, utility engineering, surveying and mapping, land planning, and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Paid Time Off (15-days)
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.) or Hybrid Work Schedule (Teleworking, Telecommuting)
A LiDAR Technician is responsible for developing, maintaining and troubleshooting survey LiDAR equipment and processing data from static, mobile and airborne point clouds.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice that are related to this job description.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a resource for internal staff on LiDAR data processing on topographic and utility surveys,
- Troubleshoot LiDAR equipment and associated systems,
- Process geospatial data, work with point cloud data collected by either airborne or mobile methods and extract 2d and 3d info to help generate maps,
- Deliver detailed maps from remote sensing data,
- Ensure data is stored correctly and free of errors and omissions,
- Support Project Managers and make sure project expectations and deadlines are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field preferred, Associates degree acceptable,
- 2+ years’ experience conducting LiDAR data processing,
- 2+ years’ experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, and/or Trimble Business Center preferred,
- Demonstrates knowledge of surveying and mapping practices,
- Demonstrates the problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills related to vehicle electronic installation,
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects,
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
WLG is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.