Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full-service Civil Engineering, Geospatial, and Land Planning Firm providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development, utility engineering, surveying and mapping, land planning, and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Paid Time Off (15-days)
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.) or Hybrid Work Schedule (Teleworking, Telecommuting)
The Position: The Project Assistant position is responsible for assisting the Project Managers by coordinating the planning, development, and execution of projects. This includes preparing project status reports and project schedules by proactively communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist Project Teams with the document distribution and client document preparation and reconciliation.
- Coordinate project schedule and timeline with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and use already existing reports to track, monitor, and evaluate the progress and budget of different projects.
- Work with the internal Accounting department to track and verify cost, invoicing and other account functions.
- Maintain constant communication with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Construct and maintain job files in accordance with Company policies and applicable project instructions.
- Assist with other accounting projects as need.
- 2+ years experience coordinating multiple projects ensuring the project deadlines are meant within budget,
- Bachelor’s degree preferred,
- Experience in Architectural, Engineering, or Construction Industry highly desirable,
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports and change order proposals.
- Intermediate Excel and proficiency in MS Office highly desired,
- Familiarity with practices of project management skills and techniques,
- Familiarity with reporting on budgets, scheduling and project scope,
- Ability to analyze and input data on project budgets and schedules,
- Excellent technical and communication skills,
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently,
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.