Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: email@example.com
Who We Are:
Voted one of the “2016 & 2017 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms.
We are currently seeking a Land Development Project Engineer for our Ontario, CA office. The Project Engineer will be exposed to a wide variety of projects, from small commercial retail and industrial sites and residential subdivisions, to master-planned business/ industrial parks and communities for large developers.
- Assisting the Project Manager with the overall plan production of a project, including individual designs (private and public improvements).
- Providing technical oversight to staff engineers, ensuring that project schedules and budgets are met.
- Performing complex civil design calculations, preparing sketches and technical studies as required (hydrology, water quality, water analysis, and sewer studies).
- Coordinating project assignments with internal and external project team members including public agencies.
- Attending Project and Site Meetings with clients, architects, public agencies, and other consultants.
- Reviewing drawings supplied by vendors, clients, engineers and architects, recommending necessary changes and coordinating with internal documents.
- Researching design options, documenting findings and coordinating with internal design team.
- Researching code issues and working with city, state and county officials including plan processing, plan check follow-up and coordination, and permitting.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field
- California Professional Engineer License
- 3 to 5 years civil engineering design experience, specializing in Land Development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Civil 3D and Hydrology and Hydraulic Software
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- 401k Plan
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- 9/80 Work Schedule