Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Voted as a Best Firms to Work For WLG is a full-service civil engineering, geospatial, and land planning company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. As a Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
The Position: We are currently seeking a Land Development Project Manager for our Ontario, CA office. The Project Manager will oversee a wide variety of projects, from small commercial retail and industrial sites and residential subdivisions, to master-planned business/industrial parks and communities for large developers. Will be responsible for managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment including preparation of plans, reports, schedules and budgets.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Provide technical oversight and design review for project team members, ensuring that project schedules and budgets are met
- Manage project objectives by collaborating with client and personnel, developing project proposals
- Attend periodic site meetings with clients, architects, public agencies, and other consultants
- Organize the project team by assembling, communicating with, and directing team members, assigning responsibilities and negotiating and contracting with approved subconsultants
- Control project by directing and approving changes in design, specification, budget and schedule consistent with project objectives
- Provides mentorship and training to fellow personnel, including assignment of responsibilities and tasks
- Approve quality of work by analyzing design, client requirements, and performance standards and provide needed feedback regarding accuracy, completeness and value
- Resolve project-related technical problems and personnel issues in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field, a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering preferred
- 7+ Years in Civil Engineering design experience, specializing in Land Development
- 3+ years’ experience in managing civil engineering projects,
- 3+ years’ experience in hydrology a plus,
- Professional Engineers license in the state of California Preferred
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and hydrology software,
- Experience in preparing proposals as well as maintaining projects deadlines and budget,
- Excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to multitask and work on several projects concurrently.
WLG is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.