Qualified candidates, please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full-service Civil Engineering, Geospatial, and Land Planning Firm providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development, utility engineering, surveying and mapping, land planning, and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Paid Time Off (15-days)
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.) or Hybrid Work Schedule (Teleworking, Telecommuting)
The Position: A Staff Engineer II is considered a competent and semi-experienced in the field of civil engineering. The position continues to support Project Engineers and Project Managers with multiple engineering tasks.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with our without notice.
- Prepare plans, specifications, and reports as directed by Project Engineer/Manager,
- Perform design drawings, calculations, sketches, and technical reports,
- Coordinate project assigements with internal and external stakeholders including public agencies,
- Review drawings for accuracy and completeness with special attention to the project specifications and standards,
- Visit project sites for field review and training.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field from an ABET accredited university
- 3+ years of engineering design experience,
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphics in AutoCAD Civil 3D in a timely manner,
- EIT certification preferred but not required,,
- Excellent technical and communication skills,
- Ability to work on and prioritize several concurrent projects and deadlines,
- Ability to commit to occasional, unforeseen, and demanding deliverables schedules.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.