Who We Are: Voted as a Best Firms to Work For WLG is a full-service civil engineering, geospatial, and land planning company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. As a Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including a health savings account and flexible spending Account options
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k plan with a generous company match
- Flexible work schedule (9/80; half-day fridays, etc.)
The Position: The Survey Analyst is responsible for tasks on land surveying and engineering projects, including preparation of drawings and base maps, and plan and profiles. This person must demonstrate the ability to efficiently create maps from raw field survey data.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to process raw field survey data to working drawings using field to finish software, prepare 3D surface model and create topographic maps and planimetric maps.
- Ability to prepare maps, record research, collect field work and disclose the necessary information to the proper stakeholder,
- Review of construction plans and perform calculations for layout and grade staking and prepare brief and informative staking exhibits.
- Preparation of final maps, parcel maps, record of survey and ALTA maps,
- Preparation of legal descriptions, associated plats, and boundary analysis.
- AA degree in gospatial science or a related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Licensed as a Land Survey in Training (LSIT) preferred
- 3+ years using AutoCAD Civil 3D required, MicroStation experience highly desirable
- 3+ years of office surveying geomatics experience creating topographic maps, ALTA maps, Planimetric maps, legal descriptions, etc.
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, and maps in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent technical, and communication skills
- Ability to work on and prioritize concurrent projects and deadlines
- Ability to commit to occasional unforeseen and demanding deliverable schedules
WLG is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.