Who We Are: Voted as a Best Firms to Work For WLG is a full-service civil engineering, geospatial, and land planning company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. As a Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including a health savings account and flexible spending account options
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- 401k plan with a generous company match
- Flexible work schedule (9/80; half-day fridays, etc.)
The Position: A Survey Field Lead is senior level leader of a field survey team adept at communicating, performing and teaching daily assigned tasks. Field duties and tasks vary from boundary, aerial control, topographic data collection, mapping, construction staking, scanning, and utility as-builts. This qualified person is able to skillfully operate and teach others the use of all field equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to interpret plans and plats, read and understand legal descriptions, perform field calculations, and perform routine surveying tasks (topographic surveying, construction staking, boundary/control surveys etc.)
- Sound note taking skills, including the ability to sketch fine details seen in the field to reliably communicate necessary information to office personnel,
- Ability to download and upload electronic files and photos, scan field notes and paperwork for daily assignments,
- Ability to navigate county websites to obtain record maps, field notes and monument records.
- Perform 3D Laser scanning of interior and exterior spaces; registering laser scan data
- Execute laser scan measurements with confidence. Project setup, basic measurements and site control
- Download, register and input point cloud data into 3D software
- LSIT license, preferred
- 5+ years of land survey field experience and a general knowledge of field survey equipment and practices
- Shown the ability to lead a survey team including managing and training more junior staff
- Proficiency in reviewing field data, and creation of staking calculations with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Must be physically able to carry heavy loads (approximately 30 pounds)
- Ability to commit to occasional unforeseen and demanding schedules
- Commercial Drone Pilot Certification (Preferred but not required)
- Experience with 3D software (Preferred but not required)
- Laser scanning experience including data processing (FARO) (REIGL) (Preferred by not required)
WLG is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.