Qualified candidates please email your resume and salary requirements to our human resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Because Better Matters!
Who We Are: Voted one of the “2016 & 2017 Best Firms to Work For,” WestLAND Group is a full service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping; and GIS. As a Small Business Enterprise and Women’s Business Enterprise, WLG offers the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment of a small company coupled with the professional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits found at larger firms.
The Position: We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Surveyor for our offices in Rancho Cucamonga and Santa Clarita, California. The Project Surveyor is a Team leader in the survey group responsible for leading various tasks on land survey/engineering projects including: preparation of survey/land development drawings/base maps, plan and profiles, keeping track of project budget and schedule, providing survey field crew and other service groups with technical support as needed. This is a field and office position coordinating directly with the Project Managers, P.E. or P.L.S.
- Lead a field survey team conducting topographic surveys, street cross sections, running levels, running traverse, boundary surveys, construction staking, and setting monuments.
- Will download and process field survey data in the office
- Analyze and develop centerline alignment and boundary review, analysis and adjustment
- Research land survey related data from local agencies for survey field notes, title reports, recorded maps, filed documents, and property descriptions
- Drafting of exhibits, site plans, profiles, and cross sections of streets, utilities, or other improvements from surveyor/engineer field book, sketches, or other specific sources
- Prepare cut-sheets, alignment, and coordinate calcs from improvement plans for field crews
- Review construction plans and perform calculations for layout and grade staking. Should have ability to prepare brief and informative staking exhibits
- Preparation of final maps, parcel maps, record of survey and ALTA maps; and preparation of legal descriptions, and associated plats
- Ensuring project goals/objectives/resources/costs are met within prescribed timeframe and funding parameter
- Experienced with standard survey/engineering procedures, practices, and concepts
- Must be competent in Civil3D software; knowledge of MicroStation a plus
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic survey/engineering exhibits
- A combination of Field Survey experience and office experience a plus
- Good working knowledge of planning and construction documents
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently on several concurrent projects
- Ability to read, understand and adapt to local agency standards and be able to communicate with agencies and clients directly and effectively when necessary
- 2-year degree in the surveying/engineering sciences with LIST/EIT
- Working knowledge of Trimble equipment and TBC, familiarity with Scanners a plus
- At least 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- 401k Plan
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-Day Fridays)