WestLAND Group, Inc.
Land Development Project Engineer
Who We Are: Voted one of the “Best Firms to Work For,” for five years in a row, WestLAND Group is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
The Position: The Project Engineer will be exposed to a wide variety of projects, from small commercial retail and industrial sites and residential subdivisions, to master-planned business/ industrial parks and communities for large developers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Assisting the Project Manager with the overall plan production of a project, including individual designs (private and public improvements),
- Providing technical oversight to staff engineers, ensuring that project schedules and budgets are met,
- Performing complex civil design calculations, preparing sketches and technical studies as required
- Coordinating project assignments with internal and external project team members including public agencies,
- Attending Project and Site Meetings with clients, architects, public agencies, and other consultants as needed,
- Reviewing drawings supplied by vendors, clients, engineers and architects, recommending necessary changes and coordinating with internal documents,
- Researching design options, documenting findings and coordinating with internal design team,
- Researching code issues and working with city, state and county officials including plan processing, plan check follow-up and coordination, and permitting,
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field,
- Licensed as an Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred,
- 5+ years civil engineering design experience, specializing in Land Development,
- Will train to become a Project Manager, no prior management experience necessary,
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Hydrology & Hydraulic Software,
- Excellent technical and communication skills,
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects,
- Ability to commit to occasional unforeseen and demanding deliverable schedules.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com