Who We Are: Voted one of the Best Firms to Work For and Hot Firm by Zweig Group for multiple years. WestLAND Group, Inc. (WLG) is a full-service engineering, geospatial, land planning and utility locating firm providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. WLG is known as an industry leader and pioneer in the adaption of state-of-the-art technologies combining professionalism, innovation, and a strong commitment to quality service and deliverables. WLG is dedicated to finding quality candidates and offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday Pay
- 401k Plan with a Generous Company Match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
- Hybrid Telework Schedule
- Support for Continuing Education and training opportunities
The Position: A Project Engineer/Hydrologist will be responsible for areas of projects related to hydrology and hydraulic studies, drainage design, and storm water management. As well as water quality and LID report preparation and supporting Project Managers in multiple engineering tasks.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Prepare plans, specifications, and conceptual site models as directed by Project Manager related to water supply, aquifer recharge, storm water, and environmental restoration,
- Provide technical oversight to staff engineers, ensuring that projects schedule and budgets are met,
- Research code issues and works with different city, county and state agencies,
- Assist with other duties assigned by Project Managers, which may include drainage research, and due diligence,
- Perform design calculations, sketches and technical studies as required,
- Research code issues and working with city, state and county officials including plan processing, plan check follow-up and coordination and permitting.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or a related field,
- Qualified SWPPP Developer/Practitioner (QSD/QSP) certificate preferred,
- 5 – 8 years of relevant water resources/engineering experience,
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphics in AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation experience is a plus,
- Excellent technical and communication skills,
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects,
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.