Who We Are: Voted one of the “Best Firms to Work For,” for five years in a row, WestLAND Group is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying company providing creative and innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and mapping. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- 401k Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.)
The Position: The Mapping Manager is responsible for the consistency and quality of deliverables for wide variety of mapping projects. This includes reviewing plans for errors or omissions, specifications, monitoring budgets, and any other required documents.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Familiarity of California Subdivision Map Act and Professional Land Surveyor Act,
- Provide technical oversight and design review for project team members, ensuring that project schedules and budgets are met,
- Assist with delegation of fieldwork, drafting, data analysis, document preparation, and other aspects of land surveying,
- Ensure consistency of plans that are being submitted in terms of appearance, content, and plan set standards in a timely manner,
- Responsible for client deliverable requirements and must monitor/communicate field data collection methods to ensure these requirements are met,
- Ability to process raw field survey data using field to finish software prepare 3D surface model and create parcel maps, topographic maps and planimetric maps.
- Provides mentorship and training to fellow personnel, including assignment of responsibilities and tasks,
- Resolve project-related technical problems and personnel issues in a timely manner.
- 10+ years of Mapping experience (subdivision mapping, record of survey, corner records, ALTA’s, etc.)
- Land Surveyor in Training (FLS/LSIT) required; CA Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) preferred
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D,
- Prior familiarity working with various city/county agencies and the related requirements for map deliverables and recordation
- Excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to multitask and work on several projects concurrently.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.